Tuesday, September 16, 2008

Bruno and the Bully Stick...

Hey everyone....

I learned something quite disturbing yesterday.... When the woman from the pug rescue brought Bruno to me she gave me a few supplies, food, a leash/harness, treats and a bully stick. Well I've talked about this bully stick in a previous post, but to reiterate, Bruno is OBSESSED with it. he can sit and chew that thing for hours and hours. He pretty much chewed through the stick that came with him so I emailed the rescue lady to ask her where I can get another one. She told me they are called "Bully Sticks" and I can get them at any pet store. Me being me, I decided to look online and see what everyone else was saying about bully sticks. I came across a wikipedia article with this ADORABLE picture of a pug chewing a bully stick and the following words "A bully stick, also known as a "beef stick" or pizzle, is a dog treat made from the large tendon of a bull's penis and dried. They can be braided, smoked, or formed into a ring, as well as shaved to form thin strips for smaller dogs."

. . . . .

Really? No... really? Who thinks of these things? Was someone really sitting on their farm in Texas pondering over the issue of surplus Bull penis? How they hell did they figure out dogs would like it? There are lots of really distrubing pictures going on in my head about dead dried up bull penis and ranch dogs.... but I will spare you my musings on that and present to you a cute little video of Bruno chewing on his own Bull penis piece. Watch the end to see how annoyed he gets when I distract him. :-)

No comments: